- Download PDF
4 Answers | Add Yours
There are questions regarding abortion that need both academic and scientific research. I've included a link to the Pew Research centre, they collect and analyse data for reporting on abortion related topics in the US.
Areas of scientific research:
- Can we increase the safety of abortions? (or even, are abortions safe?)
- Is emergency contraception effective? (and does this correlate with those who go on to have abortions)
- Is contraception reliable?
- Medical complications of abortions.
- Medical reasons for/against an abortion
Historical/cultural/legal areas of research:
- What are the historical laws concerning abortion in your state, country, region, other countries?
- What are the current laws, how did they come about and what were they referenced from?
- Do the cultural/religious characteristics reflect the abortion laws of a region?
- What makes some countries pro/against abortion?
Sociological areas of research:
- Who is having abortions?
- Has this demographic changed over time?
- Is the demographic different between countries?
Moral areas of investigation:
- Is it a human right, or a women's right?
- When does life start?
- Can you 'own' a life?
I think what you are looking for is a list of questions that can be answered through research...i hope?
1-What are the legal limitations on when a woman can elect to have an abortion?
2-How do these limits vary from state to state?
3-What was the court's basic ruling in Roe vs. Wade?
4-What are the emotional after-effects that women go through after they have an abortion?
5-What are some alternatives to abortion?
6-What major groups in America are pro-choice? Which ones are pro-life?
You might also ask these questions...
1. What are the health risks to a woman associated with the various abortion procedures?
2. What are the risks of infertility after having an abortion procedure?
3. What psychological or emotional problems may develop in the woman after having an abortion procedure?
Some more ethical questions based on the topic of Abortion could be:
What would happen if we didn't have legal abortions?
What say, if any, should the father have?
Should a surrogate mother have the right to abort?
Is it ever right to abort one of twins?
If the woman's life is in danger because of the pregnancy, how do we decide whose rights should prevail?
We’ve answered 323,751 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question