3 Answers | Add Yours
Another example of a hybrid animal is the liger. This is a very interesting animal. It is a cross between a male lion and a female tiger. The result turned out to be a very large cat. I seen a special on television dedicated to this animal and it really was quite a sight. Ligers have inherited qualities from both lions and tigers. For example, the liger loves to swim (like tigers do) and they are very social animals (like lions are). Ligers keep growing throughout their entire lives. This could be related to hormonal issues that they have or it could just be due to the simple fact that it takes them a long time to grow.
Although the zeedonk has received lots of press lately, there are many different types of hybrid animals. Just a few include:
- MULE. An equid hybrid, the mule is the cross of a female horse and a male donkey.
- HINNY. A reciprocal equid hybrid, a hinny is a cross between a female donkey and a male horse.
- ZORSE. A hybrid of a zebra and horse.
- ZONY. A cross between a zebra and a pony.
- BEEFALO. A cross of a bison and domestic cow.
- DZO or YAKOW. A cross between a domestic cow or bull and a yak.
These are just a few examples. You can find dozens more at the link below.
Mule, a cross of female horse and a male donkey.
Beefalo, a cross of an American bison and a domestic cow
The mulard duck, hybrid of the domestic pekin duck and domesticated muscovy ducks.
Cama, a cross between a camel and a llama
Zorse, a zebra/horse cross
The liger is a cross between a male lion and a female tiger
The Leopon is a cross between a male leopard with a female lion
The Savannah Cat is a cross between an African Wild Cat, called a Serval and a domestic cat,
We’ve answered 317,797 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question