2 Answers | Add Yours
Post #2 offers quite a few good thesis ideas. If you were to want to include several topics listed in that post in one essay, you might select a thesis exploring the inter-connection of form/structure and theme in the novel.
Numerous possible essay topics exist for Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five.
- How the form (episodic or collage-like narrative, rather than linear structure) reflects Billy's state of mind.
- How the form reflects the Trafalmadorian experience of time and the Trafalmadorian novel.
- The novel as anti-war.
- The novel as reflecting post-modern philosophy and literary theory.
- Authorial intervention in the novel.
- Isolation in the novel.
- What the novel reveals about human existence.
- The novel as satire.
- The extent of biography in the novel.
These are just a few of the possibilities. I suggest reading the enotes Study Guide on the novel for more.
We’ve answered 334,218 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question