- Download PDF
1 Answer | Add Yours
One can argue that all of the first eight amendments in the Bill of Rights have to do with individual rights. If you have to narrow it down to only six, then all of the first eight other than the Third Amendment and the Seventh Amendment are about individual rights. These amendments are
- First Amendment, protecting freedom of speech and religion, among others.
- Second Amendment, protecting the individual’s right to bear arms.
- Fourth Amendment, protecting individuals from unreasonable searches and seizures.
- Fifth Amendment, protecting individuals’ rights to have due process, among other things.
- Sixth Amendment, protecting individuals’ rights to just trials.
- Eighth Amendment, protecting individuals from cruel and unusual punishment.
We’ve answered 323,932 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question