Homework Help

What should I do if I will be charged for insubordination/ suspension regarding the...

user profile pic

evefuerte | Student, Undergraduate | (Level 1) eNoter

Posted September 13, 2008 at 2:25 PM via web

dislike 0 like

What should I do if I will be charged for insubordination/ suspension regarding the refusal to sign a document that was given to me by my supervisor?

The document contained false accusations against me by my colleague. I was hesitant to sign it because I was not sure if it is the appropriate thing to sign. I am sure that document is fabricated because the supervisor has an intention to get me out of my work because I reported him from his payroll malpractice. He convinced my colleagues to give false accusations against me as a sign of his revenge

1 Answer | Add Yours

user profile pic

isaxgrl | High School Teacher | (Level 2) eNoter

Posted November 13, 2008 at 12:05 PM (Answer #1)

dislike 0 like

First, you need to call the agency to which you reported his payroll improprieties. Inform them you believe you are being retaliated against. This will get a record of the issues created for "your side" of the situation. As to the document--what exactly is it that you are required to sign it for? If it is acknowledging that the accusations are true--and you say they are not--then NO-don't sign it. If it is acknowledging only an awareness of accusations brought--perhaps, but be very careful. You could always write a statement underneath theirs stating the above items are all false statements and you are only signing under duress from your supervisor.

As to the insubordination for refusal to sign--most places do not consider refusal to sign as insubordination. Insubordination is usually what causes there to be something that needs signing.

Can you be suspended for refusal to sign--I do not think so--but, certainly the agency to which you reported him can tell you that also.

Join to answer this question

Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.

Join eNotes