What "commandment" does Old Major give to the animals in "Animal Farm"?
2 Answers | Add Yours
THE SEVEN COMMANDMENTS
1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal.
During his speech to the animals, Old Major says,“All men are enemies.
All animals are comrades.” This is the beginning of the philosophy of Animalism. Later, Snowball and Napoleon will turn this principle into eight "commandments" of Animalism. Ironically, all eight commandment will be broken and changed during the course of the novel.
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes