What are the names and ages of the other murdered victims that Mr. Harvey killed in The Lovely Bones.
3 Answers | Add Yours
In Chapter 14, most of Mr. Harvey's victims are introduced to Susie in the cornfield. Here is the list of the murders by year, name, location and details of the death. This list will include both Susie and the unnamed waitress (mentioned in Ch. 20) that are not included in the group of girls Susie meets in Ch. 14.
1960: (Two murders)
- Sophie Cichetti- 49 years old. Killed in Pennsylvania. She was his landlady. After having a brief sexual moment with her, Harvey smashed her head when she started talking. Her body was dumped in a stream.
- Leidia Johnson- 6 years old. Killed in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Harvey dug out a cave from the hill and lay in wait. While the book does not give the specifics of her death, it was premeditated so it is safe to assume that it was also a sexual assault.
1963: (One murder)
- Flora Hernandez- 8 years old. Killed in Delaware. She was not killed intentionally during the attack. She started screaming, and she was killed to silence her. Her body was dumped in a basement.
1967: (One murder)
- Jackie Meyer- 13 years old. Killed in Delaware. While the aspects of her death are not fully revealed, she was found next to an overturned chair, missing all of her clothes except for a striped t-shirt. She died from an injury to her head where she bled out.
1969: (One murder)
- Leah Fox- 12 years old. Killed in Delaware. She was sexually assaulted on a couch under a highway on ramp. After, Mr. Harvey fell asleep on top of her for ten hours. She suffocated.
1971: (One murder)
- Wendy Richter- 13 years old. Killed in Connecticut. She was raped outside of a bar and strangled.
1973: (One murder)
- Susie Salmon- 14 years old. Killed in Morrison, Pennsylvania. She was raped and stabbed to death after being lured to the dugout in the cornfield.
Post Susie's murder but several years before Mr. Harvey visits the shack in chapter twenty:
- Unnamed waitress- Unknown age. Killed in Connecticut. She was raped and murdered by Harvey. She was buried in a shack in the woods. When Mr. Harvey visits, the grave has been dug up. He falls asleep inside it.
Harvey killed Susie Salmon who soon after ascended to heaven and was watching everything unfold on earth including the investigation into her murder. Harvey's psychological issues and murderous intentions come out in chapter 11 because Harvey kept trophies of his murders of both animals and the girls. He counted these ornaments to keep himself grounded. It is in chapter 14 that the names of the girls Harvey killed come out as Susie reviews Harvey’s life and the murders he had committed. The names and ages of the girls are:
- Jackie Meyer from Delaware who was thirteen years old
- Flora Hernandez from Delaware who was eight years
- Leah Fox from Delaware who was twelve years
- Sophie Cichetti from Pennsylvania who was forty nine
- Leidia Johnson who was six years old
- Wendy Richter from Connecticut who was thirteen years old
In the book The Lovely Bones Mr. Harvey was a serial killer. He killed many girls and one woman besides Suzie Salmon. The girls he killed were in age range from 6 to 49. His victim, Jackie Meyer was from Delaware and was only thirteen. She wore a striped T-shirt at her death and nothing else. Flora Hernandez was from Delaware and was only eight years old. He had killed her when she had screamed. He had only intended to touch her. Leah Fox had been twelve when she was murdered. Sophie Cichetti had been his landlord and she was 49 when he murdered her. Leidia Johnson had been only six years old and was the youngest child he had killed, and Wendy Rcihter was a thirteen year old girl from Connecticut.
We’ve answered 319,427 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question