Better Students Ask More Questions.
What is the healthiest food item in the world?
3 Answers | add yours
- Lemon. High in Vitamin C and acts as a cancer-fighter and anti-inflammatory.
- Broccoli. A cancer fighter high in Vitamins K and C.
- Dark chocolate. Helps to reduce blood pressure and is high in flavonoids.
- Potatoes. Sweet potatoes are particularly high in Vitamin A.
- Salmon. High in omega-3 fatty acids and niacin, which is known to prevent memory loss.
- Walnuts. High in omega-3 fatty acids which are known to help a person's mood, fight cancer, reduce cholesterol, and act as a natural sun screen.
- Avocado. Its good fats and high fiber help to reduce cholesterol and the risk of heart disease.
- Garlic. Helps to prevent bacteria and E. coli, and includes Allicin, an anti-inflammatory known for its ability to reduce cholesterol and blood-pressure.
- Spinach. High in lutein and zeaxanthin, two important antioxidants. It's also a great cancer fighter.
- Beans. The darker the bean, the better--and the more antioxidants.
Eggs are one of the most healthiest foods for you. They contain large amounts of protein and not fat. I am unsure if it its the most healthiest food in the world but I hope this answer helped you a bit.
Posted by andrea-baby14 on February 22, 2012 at 11:04 AM (Answer #1)
High School Teacher
Best answer as selected by question asker.
According to Fitness Magazine, the Top 10 healthiest foods in the world are:
Another source claims that blueberries are its Number One super-food.
Posted by bullgatortail on February 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM (Answer #2)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.