1 Answer | Add Yours
Given that China's dynasties (at least those that are fairly well-known) arose around 1750 BC and lasted into the 20th century AD, it is exceedingly hard to note a few main events. Some events that might qualify as main events include:
- Rise of the Shang Dynasty in around 1750 BC. The first dynasty for which we have much documentation.
- Development of the idea of the Mandate of Heaven in the Zhou Dynasty.
- Development of Confucianism and Daoism.
- Warring States period beginning around 400 BC.
- Building of the Great Wall.
- Building of the Grand Canal in the Sui Dynasty.
- Being conquered by the Mongols.
- Opium Wars.
- Fall of the Qing Dynasty.
Again, this is a horribly inadequate listing given that we are looking at close to 4000 years of history, but these are some of the more important events in the time of the Chinese dynasties.
We’ve answered 317,500 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question