1 Answer | Add Yours
In Truman Capote's jounalistic novel "In Cold Blood" the Clutter family--particularly the farmer, Herb Clutter--is victimized by Perry Edward Smith and Richard Eugene Hickock, two ex-cons who believe that Clutter keeps large amounts of cash in his house.
Members of the Clutter family are
- Herb, a wealthy farmer who has taken out a sizable life insurance policy
- Bonnie, his wife, who suffers from mental problems. Ironically, her Bible is marked at a passage that reads "...you shall not know the time."
- Kenyon, aged 15, the youngest of the Clutter children
- Nancy, a straight A student
- Beverly, who is away from home at the time of the murders
- Eveanna, the first-born, who lives in Illinois
Other characters include Alvin Dewey of the Kansas Bureau of Investigation in charge of the Clutter case, Clarence Duntz, another KBI agent, Lawrence Green, the special prosecutor for the Clutter case, and Judge Roland Tate, who is accused of being prejudical since he has close contacts to the Clutters.
We’ve answered 315,520 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question