2 Answers | Add Yours
In the context of a business, leadership is the process of trying to change a company so that the company may continue to grow and to maintain or increase profitability.
To think about leadership, it may help to contrast it with management. They have similarities, but management is more about making things work as well as possible within a given framework. A manager takes the firm as it is and tries to make it work better within a given set of parameters. A leader, by contrast, tries to take the firm beyond those parameters. Leaders need to be able to see where the company needs to be in a few years, not in a few days. This will generally mean that the leader needs to see what aspects of the firm as it is need to be done away with so that change can happen.
In this way, a leader is someone who has the vision to see the changes that are needed and the skills to persuade other people to buy into that vision.
- Brings new perspective and confront threats head on.
- Seeks new solutions outside unsurprising areas.
- Open-minded and curious about their surroundings.
- Mobilizes their company to take advantage of new market opportunity.
- Views business as networks of community and works across limitations.
- Uses collaboration and partnerships to maximize sustainable growth.
- These are the some qualities.
We’ve answered 315,453 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question