Better Students Ask More Questions.
What food substances are there in milk?It is for a biology prep, I have researched...
3 Answers | add yours
Milk is considered on of the most nutritional food that every human should intake. It is essential to our body most especially for children and babies.
Milk in general contains:
1. Carbohydrates - sugar in the form of lactose, an energy giving substance.
2. Calcium (in casein form) - strengthen the bones and teeth
3. fats and oils - provide a large amount of energy and some are found to be antioxidant.
4. vitamins and minerals - aid in good metabolism, can produce energy, helps in strengthening the immune system,act as anti oxidant
5. amino acid and proteins - helps in building our muscles for growth and development.
Posted by jerichorayel on October 17, 2012 at 7:28 PM (Answer #1)
Carbohydrates- sugar in the form of the disaccharide lactose, they give energy
Calcium- good for bones
Fats and oils(depends if it is full, 2 percent or skimmmed which means it has no fat)- gives more energy than carbohydrates
Posted by enoterloveletter on October 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM (Answer #2)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.