1 Answer | Add Yours
A scientific method requires proper effort and will. The memory device 'POHEC' can be used to learn the fives steps of the Scientific Method. The letters stand for: Problem, Observation, Hypothesis, Experiment, and Conclusion. The five steps are listed below:
1. PROBLEM - First, formulate an example of the question. This is required, because first, we have to know what we're facing.
2. OBSERVATION and Information Gathering - If we cannot collect any type of basic facts about the problem, we cannot obtain a successful result.
3. HYPOTHESIS - We think about a conjecture that suits the nature of the problem, then work our way towards solving it.
4. EXPERIMENT - Create a test. Experimental scientists do this always, drawing a hypothesis and designing experiments to prove their validity. It works out, at least most of the time.
5. CONCLUSION - Finally, draw the valid conclusion. Voila, the scientific method is complete!
We’ve answered 396,379 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question