Better Students Ask More Questions.
What are five resons to keep lovers apart in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
1 Answer | add yours
High School Teacher
Since you are referring to a play by William Shakespeare, I will address this question based on that time period. In Shakespearean times, some reasons could be as follows:
1. Difference of social class
2. Lack of parental permission
3. Marriages had already been arranged
4. Same sex couples were not appropriate at this time
5. Family dispuits (i.e. Romeo and Juliet)
6. Difference ethnicities
7. One or both parties is already in a relationship (adultery)
Posted by goreadabook on June 5, 2009 at 3:02 AM (Answer #1)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.