What exactly is the theme of "Dracula"?
2 Answers | Add Yours
1. Superstition versus logic and reason. Jonathan Harker and Van Helsing stand for logic and reason, while the villagers at the beginning stand for faith and superstition.
2. Religion versus science. Refer to the points in #1 above.
3. The struggle of good versus evil.
4. The prevalence of the occult in society.
5. The horrific / the macabre / fear of the unknown.
7. Sex and sexuality.
There are some great resources available here on Enotes. Search some of the criticism of Dracula and you'll see other themes pop up for you.
This is by no means an exhaustive list.
In here, you could find a very comprehensive description of a theme dracula!
What can I say!
I am an inhabitant of the land where Dracula lived!
The vampire theme from Stocker's novel is far from the real legend, but we don't have to forget the fact that is pure fiction!
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes