Better Students Ask More Questions.
What elements of a gothic horror can be seen in Frankenstein? Provide examples of each...
1 Answer | add yours
- Highlights ominous or isolated locales (Being on an Ice berg in the middle of the ocean)
- Implied danger (the creature is following Frankenstein and threatening his and his family's safety)
- Isolated and vulnerable characters (Justice, William, Henry... are all characters who are vulnerable to the creature's wrath)
- Horrific distress or menace (the creature warns Frankenstein that unless he creates a female for him, that he will be with him on his wedding night)
- Mysterious deaths or disappearances (the deaths of Justine, William, Henry, Elizabeth)
- Supernatural manifestations (the creation of a being made from dead body parts)
- Atmosphere of terror and suspense (never knowing what the creature will do next)
High School Teacher
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is considered a gothic romance. Some of the elements of the gothic genre are as follows:
Posted by lcassidy on May 4, 2011 at 12:44 AM (Answer #1)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.