What are some of the tools and techniques that can be utilized in combating and countering terrorist activities?
1 Answer | Add Yours
Terrorism can come in different forms and use various tactics to seek any number of goals or outcomes. There can be political, economic or environmentally based terrorism and perpetrators use whatever strategies and tools they can acquire to inflict as much damage as possible. There are a number or law enforcement and public relations strategies that can be employed to prevent or combat the threat of terrorism. Some of these strategies include:
- Infiltration and counter intelligence.
- Arresting group leaders and operatives.
- Putting terrorism response plans in place.
- Hardening your organizational assets (both physical and human) against terrorism acts.
In the event that a terror act occurs despite the preventive measures put in place, some of the response measures that could be conducted include:
- Putting out bounties or rewards leading to arrest or capture of the perpetrators.
- Cutting off the group’s financial and material resources.
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes