1 Answer | Add Yours
- This scene sets the tone of the play .
- It provides necessary background with the introduction of enemity between the two pairs of brothers----Orlando and Oliver , Duke Senior and Duke Fedrick.
- This scene sets the tone of the play and forms a background for the later developments of the play.
- This scene introduces two central characters --Orlando and Oliver and two less important characters --Adam and Charles.
- A mention is also made in this scene about some other important characters such as Rosalind,Celia and Duke Fedrick.
- This scene also gives the character sketch of many characters.
- This scene talks about the breakdown of the values that govern brotherhood,love,kinship and family.
- Points the corruption in courtly life.
We’ve answered 287,632 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question