Better Students Ask More Questions.
what is the dramatic significance of the opening scene(act 1 scene1) of as you like...
1 Answer | add yours
- This scene sets the tone of the play .
- It provides necessary background with the introduction of enemity between the two pairs of brothers----Orlando and Oliver , Duke Senior and Duke Fedrick.
- This scene sets the tone of the play and forms a background for the later developments of the play.
- This scene introduces two central characters --Orlando and Oliver and two less important characters --Adam and Charles.
- A mention is also made in this scene about some other important characters such as Rosalind,Celia and Duke Fedrick.
- This scene also gives the character sketch of many characters.
- This scene talks about the breakdown of the values that govern brotherhood,love,kinship and family.
- Points the corruption in courtly life.
Honors, Dean's List
Posted by praveenm on February 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM (Answer #1)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.