1 Answer | Add Yours
Towards the end of the essay, Swift acknowledges a few alternatives to his plan but he does not spend much time on them. He thinks they are too ridiculous to try.
- Tax people who live outside Ireland but own land there.
- Don't use or buy anything that is not produced in Ireland itself.
- Reject things that "promote foreign luxury."
- Try to teach women to stop being proud, vain, and idle.
- Instead, promote thrift among the people.
- Stop fighting among themselves and learn to love their country.
- Have landlords and storeowners and such stop being so greedy.
We’ve answered 319,190 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question