Better Students Ask More Questions.
What does Hamlet learn from the Ghost's speech?Act 1
1 Answer | add yours
- There is an afterlife. He's not sure if the Ghost is a demon or a soul trapped in Purgatory, but he's definitely from some supernatural world.
- Hamlet's father was murdered by his brother.
- Hamlet's mother was adulterous and incestuous. She had an affair with Claudius before the marriage.
- Hamlet must revenge his father by killing his uncle:
- Hamlet's mother must be "left to heaven." Hamlet must not take revenge on his mother.
- Hamlet's father loved Hamlet very much.
- Denmark is a prison. The entire state is wronged by these vile acts: "the whole ear of Denmark Is by a forged process of my death Rankly abused:"
- Hamlet must listen to the Ghost and all of Denmark hereafter for clues: "List! List! O List!" and "Now, Hamlet, hear"
High School Teacher
In Hamlet Act I, Hamlet learns the following from the Ghost:
Posted by mstultz72 on May 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM (Answer #1)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.