What do you mean by world energy scenario?
1 Answer | Add Yours
The word scenario may be used figuratively to mean description of a real, expected or an imagined situation. Thus we can talk of current world energy scenario, or world energy scenario as it is expected to be after 20 or 50 years. We can also talk about what are different possible future world energy scenario depending upon different assumptions about development in world energy consumption and the way these energy needs are met. The exact information included in such scenario will depend on the purpose of painting such a scenario. Given below is a partial list of information that could be included in world energy scenario.
- Energy consumed: This may include region-wise and application wise details.
- Sources of energy and quantity of energy supplied by each. It may also give the total availability of energy from each source. Also region-wise details of such information may be provided.
- Prices and costs of energy from different sources.
- Environmental impact of energy consumption.
- Impact of energy consideration on world politics.
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes