What do the children learn in Chapter 10 of To Kill a Mockingbird? List several things.
1 Answer | Add Yours
THINGS JEM & SCOUT LEARN IN CHAPTER 10
- Scout learns from Miss Maudie the deeper meaning of Atticus' prior rule that it is "a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- They learn that Atticus is the best checker player in town, even though he often lets Jem and Scout beat them when they play.
- They learn Atticus can play the Jew's Harp.
- They learn he is a crack marksman.
- They learn that his old nickname was "One-Shot" Finch when he was a child.
- They learn the definition of humility--the reason why Atticus never bragged about his shooting talent.
- Jem recognizes that "Atticus is a gentleman, just like me!"
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes