What is criteria for selection of research problem ?
My posted question is related with Research Methodology Subject
2 Answers | Add Yours
When choosing a problem for a research paper you are going to want to consider a few things:
- What limits or restrections has your instructor placed on you?
- What topics are you interested in?
- Of the topics you are interested in, which one has the most relevant material available for research? -or-
- If not much is available for research, which topic would you be most interested in conducting your own research for?
Once you've narrowed down your subjects you can run them through this test:
- Is this a real problem? (Does it actually exist and do people care?)
- What am I looking to do with this paper? Present the problem, its causes and effects, or the general trends therein? Solve the problem?
For choosing the right educational research problem it must be ensured
- sufficient data is available on same
-data can be statistically treated
- a good theoretical background is available
- sufficient sources for data collection is available
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes