1 Answer | Add Yours
Communicative approach in English language teaching involves the following ,
- language treated as a tool for expressing meaning not as interlocking sets of grammatical,lexical and phonological rules
- meaning is emphasized over form,fluency over accuracy
- CLT considers needs_based approach because it focused on communicative needs of learner
- It is a learner -centered approach
- CLT is realized by task-based language teaching(TBLT) .In TBLT language lessons are based on learning experiences that has a clear connection between things learners do in class and things learners will ultimately need to do outside of the classroom.
In CLT,learners acquring English language by interacting as a result ,two versions of communicative language teaching emerged
- The weak version says teachers should teach the components of a language but include communication activities .
- The strong version says since sts learn through interacting,lessons should consist of opportunities to communicate in English as the target language.
However, in order to communicate well in English language , we must make our selves understood by the people we are speaking with by we can not do that with out,
- managing language components & being accurate
We’ve answered 333,896 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question