Better Students Ask More Questions.
What are the characteristics of Supranationalism?
1 Answer | add yours
- The International Criminal Court (ICC)
- The European Union
- The World Trade Organization
- It is based on international treaties
- Its legal authority supersedes domestic law
- Decisions usually come about as a result of consensus among member states
- Joining such organizations means given up parts of an individual states sovereignty
Supranationalism can be described as a process of multilateral decision and policy creation that transfers decision making authority from individual nation states to multilateral institutions and organizations. Some organizations and entities that could be described as supranational are:
The major characteristics or features of supranationalism are:
Posted by farouk23 on October 7, 2013 at 3:09 AM (Answer #1)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.