Better Students Ask More Questions.
What are the characteristics of gymnosperms?
1 Answer | add yours
- Gymnosperms do not have and outer-covering or shell around their seeds.
- Gymnosperms do not produce flowers barring a few exceptions.
- Gymnosperms are heterosporous which means that they produce different male and female spores. The microspores develop into pollen grains and the megaspores are in an ovule.
- Gymnosperms produce cones.
- Gymnosperms do not bear fruits.
- Gymnosperms propagate via wind pollination
Middle School Teacher
Posted by youknowmyname on March 15, 2009 at 8:27 AM (Answer #1)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.