- Download PDF
3 Answers | Add Yours
The United States is a Republic where by its citizens participate in the governing process. The primary process is the citizens' right to vote, thus a representative democracy. The greatest most important actions U.S. citizens have to insure the survival of our nation is to learn our history, read current events from the hometown to the global stage, and participate in the political process.
A representative democracy only works when it is active. When activity slows or worse yet comes to a halt our liberty will be compromised, and when liberty is compromised essentially it is lost, after all you can't be a little free and a little not free.
This depends greatly on what it is that your particular country needs. However, there are things that any citizen can do that will help any country.
Some examples of this include:
- Becoming educated. A person who gets a good education is more likely to be able to get a good job that will help the country's economy to expand.
- Becoming educated on civic matters. It is important for a country to have citizens who are aware about major issues that face the country. This allows the citizens to make better choices when voting and when interacting with their leaders.
- Being politically active. It is important for the government of a democracy to hear from its citizens so it can know what they are concerned about and what they want from their government. Citizens who vote and who contact their representatives help to make their government more responsive and responsible.
After considering as a citizen of that country you should do these things:
1. Loving the nation.
2. Respecting the constitution
3. Doing anything for your motherland.
4. Being and making your family educated.
5. Controlling the population.
We’ve answered 319,805 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question