- Download PDF
What is the bone or structure to which the following directions lead to:
1. I am on the posterior aspect of the thorax. I am located lateral to the vertebral column when the body is in the anatomical position. My most inferior point is usually level with the 7th thoracic vertebrae. My anterior surface lies on the rib cage, while part of my posterior surface can be readily felt through the skin
2. I am the distal most point of the hand in the anatomical position
3. I am placed on the lateral side of the skull, at the posterior end of the Zygomatic arch (the thin bridge of bone that connects the temporal bone with the Zygomatic (cheek bone). I am an opening
1 Answer | Add Yours
1. The scapula (shoulder blade)
2. This one looks like it is just asking for the farthest point of the hand away from the body, which would be the distal phalanx, or the small bone at the end of the finger.
3. The external auditory meatus (ear canal) is located behind, or posterior to, the Zygomatic arch.
We’ve answered 324,613 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question