- Download PDF
What is the connection between the statement below and its potential answer?
Having good consistency, reliability, validity, clinical utility and test norms being based on large representative samples could be considered
1. quality indicators of psychological tests
2. noble goals that are rarely realized in test development
3. qualities only found in the measures deveolped just following WWII
4. particularly descriptive of projective measures
1 Answer | Add Yours
Good consistency, reliability, validity, clinical utility, and test norms are quality indicators of psychological tests. In fact, these are also indicators of quality for other forms of assessment such as psychometric measurement tools, and clinical trials. In addition to this, these factors may very well also serve as a medical necessity scale that would more accurately help discern specific traits of mental disorders.
If you break each factor by its own value, the importance of each during psychological testing becomes more evident.
1. Consistency is an important factor because it helps with predictability by providing benchmark standards that can be relied upon when diagnosing. The more consistently the same traits surface through assessment, the more reliable the data will become.
2. Reliability is a result of consistency and validity. The data that is acquired through assessments will be considered as trusthworthy based on the way that they assessment used in the same manner to obtain similar results.
3. Validity has to do with whether the measuring tool is measuring what it claims to be measuring. This is essential.
4.Clinical utility is the usability that you can get out of the measurement tool as far as how the results of the test can help choose or refuse a specific intervention.
5.Test norms refer to the normative (regulatory) decision of how the data or score of an individual test will be interpreted in comparison to another individual, or to a group, or to a percentile of the population. Hence, norms are basis of comparison.
All of these are essential indicators of quality in mental health testing.
We’ve answered 319,639 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question