Better Students Ask More Questions.
What are the advantages and limitations of bureaucracy?answer in about 200 words
2 Answers | add yours
- Clear division of works
- It allows the order
- formal(written)communication flow.
- well defined hierarchy of authority
- Appointments of posts based on technical competence.
- prier defined rules and regulations to decision makers
- Poor individual development
- Resistant to innovation & creativity
- Barriers in decision making
- Stable organization /no change management culture
- Create routine culture.
Bureaucracy is a organizational structure which is introduced by Max Weber,It includes formal organizational structure,management by rules,procedures,protocols and regulations,organization by functional speciality,An "up-focused" or "in-focused" mission,purposely impersonal,employment based on technical qualification.following advantages and disadvantages can be seen in bureaucracy.
Posted by udayanga on October 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM (Answer #1)
As it is based on rules and regulations, it develops greater efficiency and aims at consistency of treatment of the customers. While at the same time as there are so many rules, regulations and procedures it gives rise to avoidable delay and red-tapism also that is also one of the limitations of bureaucracy.
Posted by jesseldridge on October 10, 2012 at 7:17 AM (Answer #2)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.