Better Students Ask More Questions.
I need help writing a speech for my friends' wedding.
2 Answers | add yours
Middle School Teacher
How about something like this:
On this beautiful occasion the moon is shining just for you.
_____________, we have shared so much our lives with each other. I am so honored to be sharing this day with you. Starting on this beautiful day, you will begin to share a life with __________ but remember that I will always be here for you and aways ready to stand up by your side. Here’s to our everlasting friendship!
Posted by tpisano on April 23, 2009 at 11:43 PM (Answer #1)
High School Teacher
Depending on your relationship to the bride and groom, outline information in the following manner and be sure to keep your "speech" an appropriate length. Guests do not want to hear every detail and given too much information about the couple. It sounds too boisterous and trivial when a speech is too long. Start out by
1) Acknowledging this is a happy occasion to celebrate because...
2) State the nature of your friendship/relationship to couple
3) Tell a short history of the couples relationship
4) Add a humorous story if appropriate
5) End with a glorious wish for their happiness and new life together.
Posted by mapriem on April 24, 2009 at 12:37 AM (Answer #2)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.