Better Students Ask More Questions.
In The View From Saturday, what are the major events in chronological order?
1 Answer | add yours
This is an excellent question because the author uses an unusual style, presenting events in a manner that is completely non-chronological.
These events take place before the Souls' sixth grade year:
- Mrs. Olinski is crippled in an accident.
- Noah Gershom is the best man at the wedding of Izzy Diamondstein and Margaret Draper at Century Village.
- The next summer, Nadia Diamondstein learns about turtles at Century Village.
These events take place during the Souls' sixth grade year:
- Ethan meets Julian on the bus.
- Julian invites Noah, Nadia, and Ethan to Sillington House for tea.
- Mrs. Olinski, who is having trouble adjusting to her sixth grade class, picks Noah to be on the Academic Team because of an essay he wrote, and is considering Nadia and Ethan.
- At a gathering at Sillington House, the Souls decide to help Mrs. Olinski.
- Nadia has her dog Ginger try out for the school play, Annie.
- Hamilton Knapp tries to sabotage Ginger so his dog can be in the play instead - his unkind behavior when Ginger gets the part causes Mrs. Olinski to eliminate him from consideration for the Academic Team.
- Mrs. Olinski is invited to Sillington House.
- Mrs. Olinski chooses Julian to complete the Academic Team, which already consists of Noah, Nadia, and Ethan.
- The sixth grade Souls win the Epiphany School Academic Team competition, beating the eighth grade in an unprecedented victory.
- The Souls beat Knightsbridge in the district championship meet.
- The Souls defeat Maxwell to win the state championship.
Posted by dymatsuoka on February 11, 2009 at 8:16 AM (Answer #1)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.