1 Answer | Add Yours
- Tybalt, Benvolio and Capulet/Montague servants are caught fighting in the streets by the Prince.
- Romeo confesses to Benvolio that he loves, but is not loved in return by, Rosaline.
- Capulet encourages Paris to come to his feast to see and woo Juliet.
- Romeo and Benvolio find out about the feast from Capulet servant.
- Juliet is informed by her mother that Paris will be at the feast and that he wants to marry her.
- Romeo and friends prepare to go to the feast, but he has a funny feeling that something bad is going to happen.
- Everyone attends the feast and Romeo and Juliet meet and fall in love.
- Romeo is teased by his friends after they leave the feast, and then he, in Capulet's orchard, happens under Juliet's window and they talk and plan to marry.
- Romeo asks the Friar to marry him to Juliet.
- Mercutio teases the Nurse in the streets, who has come to find out the plan for the marriage.
- The Nurse tells Juliet of Romeo's plan.
- Romeo and Juliet are wed.
- Mercutio and Tybalt fight. Mercuito is killed. Romeo avenges Mercutio and kills Tybalt and then flees.
- The Prince banishes Romeo.
- The Nurse tells Juliet that her cousin is dead at Romeo's hands.
- The Friar tells Romeo about his banishment and that he must go and comfort his wife and then flee to Mantua.
- Capulet seals the marriage contract with Paris.
- Romeo and Juliet bid farewell to each other.
- Lady Capulet tells Juliet that her father intends her to wed Paris.
- Capulet threatens Juliet -- If she refuses to wed Paris she can "starve" or "die in the streets."
- The Nurse advises Juliet to marry Paris.
- Juliet goes to the Friar for remedy, prepared to kill herself if he gives her no aid.
- Juliet meets Paris at the Friar's.
- The Friar gives Juliet the potion of "fake death" to take and convince everyone that she is dead, so that she can run away to Romeo.
- Juliet apologizes to her father, and pretends to her mother and the Nurse that she plans to marry Paris.
- She takes the potion.
- The Nurse finds Juliet's body, and is joined to mourn her by Capulet, Lady Capulet, the Friar and Paris.
- In Mantua, Romeo learns of Juliet's "death," and buys a poison from the Apothecary to kill himself at Juliet's tomb.
- The Friar finds out that Friar John couldn't get word to Romeo of Juliet's fake death.
- Paris arrives at Juliet's tomb to strew her with flowers.
- Romeo arrives, is attacked by Paris and kills Paris.
- Romeo kills himself over Juliet's body.
- The Friar arrives and cannot convince the awakened Juliet to leave.
- Juliet hears others arriving and kills herself.
- The Prince, Lord Capulet and Lord Montague arrive to find the lovers dead and the Friar explains his part in the tragedy.
- The Prince pronounces all "punished" by the tragic event.
For a summary of events and more on the theme of time in the play, please follow the links below.
We’ve answered 317,387 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question