Better Students Ask More Questions.
tabulate 10 differences between traditional and modern gender roles?
1 Answer | add yours
- 1. The husband goes to work as the main breadwinner and the woman stays at home to look after the children and keep house.
- 2. Parliament was considered a “man’s job” and comprised of only males.
- 3. Pilots were only male
- 4. Only men were highly educated.
- 5. Presidents and mayors were only male.
- 6. Women were not allowed in the army, navy or air force.
- 7. Only males could be good athletes. Recognition of female athletes was scarce.
- 8. Women and people of a certain race were considered inferior and therefore not allowed to vote.
- 9. The decision maker in the family was the male (patriarchy)
Differences Between Traditional And Modern Gender Roles
Both parents work to earn money or even just the mother works and the father stays at home with the children.
Parliament is now comprised of both males and females.
Pilots are both male and female
Women are just as or more educated than men.
In some countries, the president and mayor are female.
Women are now allowed in all three, even the combat units.
Women are just as good athletes as men and are well recognised by the world.
Anyone over the legal age can vote.
The decision making is a joint endeavour
10. Only women are good cooks
Today some of the best chefs in the world are male
Posted by vawda25 on August 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM (Answer #1)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.