Better Students Ask More Questions.
The use of a SWOT analysis is a common method of comparing internal and external...
Topics: Health Care, Health, Business, Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Research Methods and Processes, SWOT Analysis
The use of a SWOT analysis is a common method of comparing internal and external factors that affect an organization. What is the benefit of this type of analysis for a health care organization?
1 Answer | add yours
- A SWOT analysis helps discover new options for solutions to problems
- Helping in the organizations decision making process and overall direction
- Help in the prioritization of tasks and determination of capabilities
- Reveal the competitive environment and potential pitfalls
- Patient care and management
- Workforce recruitment, retention and management
- Patient data management
The SWOT acronym stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. It consists of internal factors (strengths and weaknesses) and external factors (threats and opportunities) that may affect a project, business venture or organization. Using a SWOT analysis is very beneficial towards helping an organization realize their market potential and market risk.
In a health care organization, the benefits of using a SWOT analysis are numerous, some of which include:
A SWOT analysis in a health care setting can help decision makers determine better and more efficient way to deliver their services and expertise. Some of the things that could be improved by conducting a SWOT analysis include:
Posted by farouk23 on October 17, 2013 at 9:19 PM (Answer #1)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.