1 Answer | Add Yours
Here are examples of a short-term and a long-term strategy to limit smog.
Short term: The idea is to immediately reduce engine emissions, thereby reducing smog. This could be accomplished through a series of immediately invoked procedures such as the following:
1. Promote a “drive to work with friends” day in a city with a large automobile communing population.
2. Promote a 4-day workweek.
3. Promote a bicycle to work day once a week.
1. Work with a local University to develop a program in the engineering department to develop a more fuel-efficient engine.
2. Work with politicians to place more stringent future fuel efficiency requirements on major automobile manufacturers.
3. Promote programs in grade schools to teach habits of conservation (turning out lights, turning off appliances, etc.)
We’ve answered 333,701 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question