Better Students Ask More Questions.
Steps to conserve our earth???I have an essay contest, so please answers my question..!!!
8 Answers | add yours
- Reduce the use of fossil fuel for meeting our energy use by increasing generation of energy from renewable energy sources.
- Reduce the pollutants created by burning of fossil fuels by using improving technology of of energy generation and for treatment of the exhaust generated from these processes.
- Reducing the total energy consumption by various means such as pooling of car and by relaxing temperature requirements to reduce energy requirement for heating and cooling in homes, offices, and other establishments. This will involve accepting slightly lower temperature in winters and slightly higher temperature in summers.
- Reduce consumption of water by eliminating wastage in various forms. This may involve simple things like not keeping water taps on when the water is not being used.
- Developing processes that use less water. One major example of this is the drip irrigation system.
- Not releasing pollutants in water, and treating water to clean it before releasing it in other water bodies.
- Use waste water for application where it can be used without creating pollution. For example water that is not safe for drinking may be used for gardening and farming.
- Reducing domestic and industrial waste by adopting suitable products and processes.
- Recycling of waste.
- Treating of waste before it is disposed of to minimizing its harmful effects.
- Waste disposal in ways that minimizes environmental pollution.
- Taking care to not to destroy forest covers in the process of expansion of human settlement and industry.
- Replanting of trees to compensate for forest lands and green covers destroyed.
- Eliminating or reducing use of products that require cutting down of forests. For example, controlling use of wood for furniture and in house building.
There are, of course, all sorts of ways to help conserve resources and help protect the environment.
To me, the most important of these ways involve saving energy. For example, people should buy cars that don't use as much fuel and they should try to use their cars as little as they can.
Second, it is important for us to find as many new kinds of renewable energy as we can.
I also think that recycling is important.
Finally, I think that water conservation is a big deal and getting to be even bigger. In the US, that means not having so much of our yards be taken up by landscaping that needs lots of water, for example.
Posted by pohnpei397 on April 24, 2010 at 5:01 AM (Answer #2)
Middle School Teacher
There are several steps we can take to conserve the Earth. I believe that one way to get a good start on this is by education. Educating people and letting them know the importance of conserving the Earth is a step in the right direction. May people do not realize the importance of conserving out planet.
Conservation of the Earth includes efforts put forth by everyone, including individuals and large corporations. In the home, conservation includes things such as recycling, turning off the lights, wearing a sweater instead of turning the heater on, riding a bicycle whenever possible, turning off the water when brushing your teeth, etc.
Industries can also help conserve the Earth by following EPA guidelines.
One way that schools can help get the word out about Earth conservation is by implementing some sort of "saving the rainforest" campaign. This could be a school wide event and really stress the importance of saving our Earth.
Posted by besure77 on April 24, 2010 at 6:27 AM (Answer #3)
I believe, conserving our earth refers to controlling and reducing environmental pollution and maintaining biodiversity. The major actions that are required for this include the following.
Posted by krishna-agrawala on April 24, 2010 at 6:28 AM (Answer #4)
High School Teacher
People reference the carbon footprint each individual leaves on this planet. I believe it is completely possible for us to live in ways that make no mark on the world and yet we do not.
Almost every item you used to get ready today went through some kind of processing. Most foods go through processing. Eliminating these things by taking steps every day might be a good place to start.
Grow your own garden. Raise animals to be butchered if you are a meat-eater. Reduce the electricity you use in your home by turning off everything and unplugging items that aren't in use. Read by candlelight instead of watching hours of television or surfing the net. When you get your own home, think of using all recycled products. There are second-hand building supply stores. Consider tele-communting to a job. Live near a job and ride a bike.
I know you've received lots of ideas. Hopefully with each editor's different perspective, you have also gained some insight to the voice you might use in your writing.
Posted by missy575 on April 24, 2010 at 8:16 AM (Answer #5)
Middle School Teacher
The previous thoughts were quite strong in terms of what can be done to conserve the Earth. I think that any strong essay on this topic might want to contemplate the different levels of environmental ethic individuals can and need to possess. As we finish commemorating the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, individuals might respond to reading about both types. There is what is termed as a "shallow" environmental ethic amongst individuals. This is not a denigrating term, but reflects an environmental approach that is more individualistic and on a localized level. Switching to earth friendly appliances or light bulbs, or engaging in recycling practices would be examples of this. A "deeper" ethic involves the fundamental restructuring of business and government policies to appreciate and integrate environmental awareness into daily practice. Both approaches are needed to provide and care for the Earth, and to sustain the planet.
Posted by akannan on April 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM (Answer #6)
There are many things that we can do to help conserve our earth. We can recycle, walk instead of driving, rely on solar energy and other alternative energy sources, pick up our trash and many other individual steps to reduce our carbon footprint. However, the biggest thing we can do is to educate and to become involved. The more we make other people aware of the consequences of damage we do to the Earth, the more people will work to stop it. As an adult, we can vote on legislature that serves to set limits on pollution and on expansion into areas that need to be reserved for conservation. We can say no to products and to commodities that promote bad environmental acts. If we don;t buy the goods that destroy the environment, then the demand decreases so the suppliers stop making them or they look for more environmentally friendly alternatives. It is not just about doing your part. it is about effecting change on a much larger scale.
Posted by lfawley on April 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM (Answer #7)
High School Teacher
I think the single most impactful way you can help conserve the Earth (or more accurately, the species on it) is to change the way you transport yourself. If you can structure your life in a way that you have to use fossil fuels as little as possible, you not only assure your ability to survive in a world where they are more and more limited, but you contribute to a cleaner atmosphere and a more sustainable environment.
Posted by brettd on June 17, 2010 at 3:53 PM (Answer #8)
Middle School Teacher
Posted by litteacher8 on October 5, 2011 at 12:05 PM (Answer #9)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.