1 Answer | Add Yours
I will be happy to provide some examples but will leave the essay writing to you.
SIMILARITIES BETWEEN MISS MAUDIE & AUNT ALEXANDRA
- Both grew up at or near Finch's Landing.
- Both are members of the Missionary Circle.
- Both of the women refuse to attend the trial of Tom Robinson.
- Both are excellent cooks.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MISS MAUDIE & AUNT ALEXANDRA
- Miss Maudie is a Baptist; Alexandra is a Methodist.
- Aunt Alexandra is "an incurable gossip"; Miss Maudie goes out of her way to mind her own business.
- Aunt Alexandra tries her best to change Scout's unladylike ways; Miss Maudie accepts Scout for who she is and the way she is.
- Aunt Alexandra always dresses immaculately, while Maudie wears coveralls most of the day while working in the yard.
- Miss Maudie is a widow; Aunt Alexandra is married (barely) to Jimmy Hancock.
- Miss Maudie is childless (apparently); Aunt Alexandra has a son and a grandchild.
- Miss Maudie has a great sense of humor; Alexandra never shows a humorous side during the entire novel.
We’ve answered 317,671 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question