Discuss the fiveprinciples of traditional democratic theory
1 Answer | Add Yours
Read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._Dahl
The five principles are:
1. Effective participation- everyone has to be able to participate effectively, through unhindered voting or some other way of sharing opinions and making views known.
2. Voting equality at the decisive stage- once it counts, everyone should have an equal vote.
3. Enlightened understanding- the populace should be educated and informed.
4. Control of the agenda- the people need to be able to decide what is going to be decided.
5. Inclusiveness- no one should be excluded.
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes