Relate "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" to "Macbeth" with quotes.
I need help on writing an essay that has to do with the poem 'Rime of the ancient mariner' and how it relates to W. Shakespeares 'Macbeth', can you provide me with 3 main (strong) points that i may use
1 Answer | Add Yours
Did your teacher give you this as an assignment? I find it a bit like mixing up apples with oranges.
Anyway, here goes....
- Both are written in metered verse.
- Both have supernatural elements, including disturbances in weather as signs of disapprobation from Heaven.
- Both deal with guilt and remorse and the need for atonement.
- Both borrow elements of Greek tragedy.
- Both are classics, with universal appeal.
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes