Better Students Ask More Questions.
Please give 3 examples of helpful bacteria and 3 examples of harmful bacteria:
2 Answers | add yours
- E. Coli are found in the intestines of humans and aid in digestion.
- Streptomyces is used in making antibiotics.
- Rhizobium are helpful bacteria found in the soil. They convert nitrogen in the soil.
- E. Coli can also be harmful if food or water is contaminated with it and then eaten.
- Listeriosis can cause individuals to become very ill and can even be potentially deadly. Examples of where it can be found are in shellfish, cold cuts, and unpasteurized milk.
- Salmonella is very dangerous and lives in the intestinal tracts of humans . It is spread via feces. Foods like poultry and eggs can be contaminated with salmonella and cause severe diarrhea.
Middle School Teacher
The human body contains numerous types of bacteria that are very beneficial and actually protect us from the harmful bacteria.
Posted by besure77 on April 10, 2010 at 1:03 PM (Answer #1)
Bacteria are very small single cell orgasms. They are among the smallest living beings measuring from 0.3 to 2.0 microns in diameter. Some scientists classify bacteria as plants while others classify in a separate group of living beings which are neither plant of animal.
There are thousands of different kind of bacterias. Most of these varieties are harmless to human beings. Some varieties are harmful, while still others are helpful to humans. The common varieties of bacteria that are useful to humans include various types of antibiotics. Some bacterias that live in human intestine help in digestion. Other bacteria in human intestine produce some vitamins. The process of fermentation used for wine making, cheese processing, and many other food, relies on use of specific bacteria.
Harmful bacteria can cause diseases such as cholera, leprosy, tuberculosis and typhoid. Other bacteria produce toxins which cause diseases such as diphtheria, scarlet fever and tetanus. A form of bacteria that develops in preserved food produces toxins that cause form of food poisoning called botulism.
Posted by krishna-agrawala on April 11, 2010 at 12:02 AM (Answer #2)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.