1 Answer | Add Yours
There are a number of benefits and drawbacks to using surveys as a means of collecting data.
Some of the benefits include:
- Surveys can get you data on a very broad range of topics. For example, they can tell you the socioeconomic status of customers as well as what they value about your business.
- Surveys are relatively simple to administer.
- The data are simple to analyze, particularly when the survey is in a multiple choice-type format.
Some of the drawbacks include:
- People might not be willing to complete the survey. This is particularly true if it is long or if the questions seem intrusive.
- People might give you false feedback. They might give answers that make them look good even if those answers are false.
- People might not understand your questions properly.
We’ve answered 317,955 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question