Place these events from Chapters 1-12 in order.
- Molly's child follows a light into Silas' cottage.
- Silas buries his life in his weaving and hoards money at Raveloe.
- Under the influence of opium, Molly falls into the snow on her way to announce herself as Godfrey's wife.
- Dunstan steals Silas's gold.
- Silas feels betrayed by his closest friend, fiance, and God.
- Silas is treated more kindly by people who are sorry his gold was stolen.
- Silas finds Molly in the snow.
- Silas mistakes the girl's golden curls for his gold.
- Godfrey tells his dad that Dunstan killed his horse, which he needed to sell to pay a debt.
- Romance between Godfrey and Nancy is rekindled.
0 Answers | Be the first to answer
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes