Better Students Ask More Questions.
Other than the Freedmen's Bureau, were there any organizations or individuals who...
1 Answer | add yours
- The NAACP- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- African American church organizations and other religious movements
- HBCUs- Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- United Negro College Fund
- The American Missionary Association
- Booker T. Washington
- Frederick Douglass
Best answer as selected by question asker.
The Freedmen’s Bureau was formed in 1865 towards the end of the civil was as a social and humanitarian assistance organization for freed slaves. It was run by the federal government under the auspices of the department of war and its mandate expired in 1872. However the organization was not the only one that assisted African Americans prior to 1960, many individuals and organizations played a part in the process. Some of which include but are not limited to:
Posted by farouk23 on October 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM (Answer #1)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.