I need15 bullet points about the book Holes (from chapters 1-6).
2 Answers | Add Yours
- Setting: Camp Green Lake - Green Lake, TX
- Setting: present day (and later, 110 years ago)
- Protagonist: Stanley Yelnats, overweight, frequently made fun of in school.
- Conflict: Stanley is convicted of a crime and sent to Camp Green Lake as punishment.
- Character: Stanley pretends he is going to summer camp (like rich kids) because his family is poor and he would have otherwise never had such an opportunity.
- Conflict/Foreshadowing: delinquints at Camp Green Lake dig holes all day.
- Symbolism: dangers at the camp include rattlesnakes, scorpions, and yellow tailed lizards.
- Character: Mr. Sir, a counselor who is always eating sunflower seeds.
- Character: Mr. Polanski, Stanley's counselor in Tent D.
- Symbolism/Theme: all the campers go by nicknames
- Characters: others in his tent include X-Ray, Squid, Magnet, Armpit, ZigZag, Zero.
- Exposition/Conflict: Stanley's Great Grandfather brought the family a streak of bad luck.
- Exposition: Stanley did not actually steal the sneakers he was convicted of stealing. They fell on his head on his way home from school.
- The sneakers previously belonged to a famous baseball player.
- The other campers do not believe Stanley's story.
What in particular would you like to be included in these 15 bullet points? If you specify and clarify your question a little bit more, I would be gladly happy to provide you with various amounts of information on Holes, especially through the first 6 chapters. Holes is a terrific novel; a book that is very difficult to put down.
I will include eNotes' webpage on Holes at the bottom of this answer for you to check out. Perhaps that will help you with these 15 bullet points that you are looking for.
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes