Better Students Ask More Questions.
Music Template Analysis – you must write about Beethoven "ode to Joy" as you complete...
Music Template Analysis – you must write about Beethoven "ode to Joy" as you complete the Music Listening Template below.
TEMPLATE FOR MUSICAL ANALYSIS Name ________________________
- Give the complete name of the musical composition. Is it part of a larger work or opus?
- Give the complete name, nationality, and dates of the composer.
- Give the dates or the historical music period (era) for the music composition.
- Describe the purpose of the composition. (For what occasion was it written?)
- List the voices and / or instruments involved. (Orchestra, Band, Chorus, Instrument(s), etc.)
- Utilizing “SHMRG” identify and describe 4-5 striking or noticeable features of the work.
1 Answer | add yours
Middle School Teacher
This sounds like a very fun task. I cannot lie in telling you that you will have to endure some research and analysis on it. I am sure you will might be able to find someone in enotes to answer the questions for you, but, in the end, you are going to have to probably shoulder much of this burden on your own. It is not insurmountable, though. The first three questions can be done with some basic research. The fourth one might require you to do some research on Beethoven. Remember that he envisioned the 9th Symphony, and in particular the "Ode to Joy," to be socially meaningful. He intended his art to being about a recognition of collective consciousness and understanding about what it means to be human. The last two questions can only be answered through your own listening. There might be elements that you might hear that others might not. I think you might want to check out the link below from the film, "Immortal Beloved," which detailed a biographical approach to the Ninth Symphony, in particular "Ode to Joy."
Posted by akannan on March 29, 2010 at 12:53 AM (Answer #1)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.