Better Students Ask More Questions.
Mercury in cosmeticsA range of cosmetic products are made from harmful ingredients,...
2 Answers | add yours
Due to it's very toxic effects, mercury's use in cosmetic products is prohibited. But there is a restricted area, especially in eye cosmetics, where mercury is still used. Acoording to several scientific studies, the proper amount wouldn't have to exceed 65 parts per million. Mercury is used in cosmetic industry, as a preservative.
Posted by giorgiana1976 on February 15, 2009 at 9:04 AM (Answer #2)
High School Teacher
Very bad idea. Mercury is very toxic and harmful...even in small doses. Prolonged use over time could have effects such as cancer and birth defects.
Posted by amy-lepore on February 15, 2009 at 5:30 PM (Answer #3)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.