List three main ideas of the cell theory
11 Answers | Add Yours
The three main ideas (or concepts) of the cell theory are: 1. All living things are made up of cells. 2. Cells are the basic units of structure and function in living things. 3. Living cells come only from other living cells.
The three main ideas of the cell theory are:
1. All living things are made of cells
2.Cells are the basic units in all living things
3. Cells come from pre-existing cells.
Concerning the third principle of cell theory (all cells are made from other cells) there is a related theory about the origins of organelles.
Because mitochandria have seperate DNA from the rest of the cell, it is believed that they were once seperate organisms and were ingested by larger cells. Organelles such as mitochrondria and chloroplast then became mutually beneficial to their host cells and became a permanent structure within the cell. This theory is called The Endosymbiotic Theory.
Name one point from the cell theory :
- Cells are the building blocks of life
- All life processes take place in cells
- New cells come from existing cells
The theory says that new cells are formed from other existing cells and the cell is a fundamental unit of structure, function and organization in all living organisms. Cells are the basic structure in every living thing. Development of this theory began in the mid 1600's and was further developed by the invention of the microscope. This in turn led to the study of diseases and the discoveries involved with the various structures of cells and DNA which has been expedited within the last 50 years with the development of the electron microscope. New theories about cells are being explored currently as genetics has become a means of detecting and perhaps curing diseases.
Cell theory states:
- All living things are made up of cells.
- Cells are the basic units of structure and function in living things.
- Living cells come from other living cells.
(Other things would be that it contains hereditary traits passed on from cell division)
7th grade science text book
I feel that everyone's definition of the cell theory was taught in the same matter as everyone else.
So essentially the cell theory is:
- All living things were made from cells.
- The basic units of structure and function in living things are cells.
- Living cells are derived from other living cells.
The Cell theory is learned in biology and there are 3 main ideas or concepts revolving around this which are, 1; All living things are made up of one or more cells, 2; The cell is the basic unit of life and how life occurs, 3; All cells come from cells that already exist
all living things are made up of cells
cells are the smallest unit of life
cells come from preexisting cells
1. All living things are made of cells.
2. Cells reproduce over time.
3. Cells are the basic unit of life.
The three main idea of cell theory are:-
- All living things are made up of one or more cells.
- The cell is the basic unit of life in which the activities of life occur.
- All cells come from cells that already exit.
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes