2 Answers | Add Yours
When we experience stress we are looking to adapt to a stimulus within out enviroment. A stress reaction can be physical or mental and is frequently related to the autonomic nervous system. In order to reduce stress you are looking to deactivate the automic nervous system. Some of what you can do this include breathing techniques, meditation both of which will relax blood vessels and increase oxygen flow. You can also use regular exercise to counteract stress hormones. Other things you can do are to get regular rest and sleep times and to make sure your environment is free of indoor toxins.
Stress is part of life, however, chronic stress can result to several health problems. Here are five strategies you can do to manage stress.
1. Be optimistic. Having a positive attitude towards your work can help you manage stress. For example, if you feel too much burden from your work, think about the advantages of working for your current company such as your regular salary and your colleagues and friends.
2. Get enough sleep. Your body and your mind need time to rest. During sleep, your body repairs damage. Having a good night's rest uplifts your mood the next day and keeps you energized.
3. Exercise. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins which blocks feelings of pain and makes you feel happier. Exercising is also a great way to enjoy the outdoors.
4. Seek support. It is always nice to talk to your friends and families.Talking to them can help you lessen your emotional burden. These people can also offer help and advices to you.
5. Take a break. It is okay to take a break and relax once in a while. Have a body massage, do yoga, or start a new hobby.
We’ve answered 317,821 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question