Better Students Ask More Questions.
What do you think are the major conflicts in act 1?
1 Answer | add yours
- The teenaged girls of the village have been caught dancing in the woods, which is very much against the religious beliefs of the town.
- Two young girls are in trances, seemingly unable to see or hear the outside world.
- Some of the girls want to tell the adults the truth, but Abigail keeps them from doing so.
-Abigail and John Proctor have had an affair. She still wants to be with him, but he tells her that they can never be together again.
-Proctor and Putnam begin to argue over wood being taken off land.
- Many of the villagers become sure of witchcraft.
- Abigail accuses Tituba of witchcraft who in turn accuses other women of the town.
Posted by byanyothername on May 20, 2007 at 2:41 PM (Answer #1)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.